torsdag 13 augusti 2009

12/8 and 13/8

Today was a many-smaller-tasks-day. I started off with Silje to clean the first tent from birdspill and then I went on cutting some fish, cleaning a ground area where they have kept a few birds (and their boxes), carrying stuff back and forth... I cleaned yet another tent, and I can tell you, it's not very funny to clean those tents cause you do it on your knees with your hands. It smells of shit all over, but once you're done the whole place smells fresh and nice! I think the birds enjoy it too!

There was no birdwashing today since we have no room for them, we have to build more pools, all the time! So Linda and I jumped on to that project, building a pool.. to say the least - we're not the best of pool-builders but there is a new pool standing up right now (and how long it really -stands- up we'll just see...)!

I really feel like I don't want to go home now.. I want to stay here.. all the time.. :(
--------------------

I didn't write anything yesterday and I apologize for that but I was so incredibly tired and fell asleep quite immediately after returning to my temporary home. But I was at the washing station again and we managed to wash 9 birds before 13.00 ! That's a very good job! We're doing a good speed now. We have two stations, one washing station and one rinsing station. I work at the washing station with Suel from Burundi and Tania from Germany works at the rinsing station with the "newer" volounteers so she could teach them how to hold a bird properly during washing, as she did with me :)
I really enjoy it at the washing station since the people there are very easy to work with, we laugh and we joke about everything and it's a very main part of this progress, cleansing the birdies.

We had to clean one of the pools yesterday and we had two girls jumping into the pool bare-foot! Yuck! I couldn't because I have a slight infection in my pinky-toe and if I were to jump in there barefoot I would probably have to amputate my foot afterwards. We found a lost ring, discovered just how many ways you can scrape birdshit from the bottom of a pool with the help of some fire-men. And also we found time to do some physics experiments since our pump decided to stop working cause of air in the hose and shit. Fill the hose with water to press the air out of it and try again..

After that I went on doing some smaller tasks such as cleaning tents, making mash-food, talking to the vets and so on.. I had a very good time. And after that I managed to hitch-hike from Langesund to Stathelle with a guy who works in a county far north in Telemark and he's providing Langesund with manpower. He was just down there to decide salaries and such. A very nice man!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar