tisdag 11 augusti 2009

Today was a quite interesting day. Got to the bird reception at 8 o'clock in the morning and we started right away with washing birds. There were two new volounteers today that could switch with us since the back hurts really much after holding birds in the same position for several hours. We managed to wash six birds before lunchbreak which is okay, not bad at all.

I'm working with a woman called Tanja Rigmann who is a chair member of Project Blue Sea from Germany. She's just the type of woman I want to become when I get older. I want to participate saving lives of animals, trying to maintain our beautiful environment on the earth for as long as possible. She's also a vegetarian and she has black dreads and all. Overall, she's really cool and nice to work with. She has taught me very much about washing birds and to really see them, not just wash them and get it overwith but to see every single bird as an individual and see the beauty of each bird we wash. Amazing!

I switched for another volounteer at noon and went for lunch. After lunch I was taking all these pictures, talking to other volounteers, cleaning up spaces and so on. We had a minor crisis when a tent fell down but we managed to hold it up by arms until the rescue came and fixed it for us - without stressing the birds to hard.

So, resting, showering, eating - time for sleeping for me! I'm going back to the birdwash-station at 8 o'clock sharp tomorrow morning again.
I hope that you guys, my family and friends are having a good time in Sweden and I'll see you soon! <3

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar